Saturday, May 02, 2009

Brooklyn & Queens

On Wednesday, April 15, we went to one of the best pizza places in New York City- Grimaldi's. We've been many times before, but it's been awhile since the last time. But after you wait in a long line (although we were very fortunate to be only the 2nd party in line this time!), and sit down and wait some more for your pizza, taking that first taste is just delicious! And then I remember, "Oh yeah! This is why we come here!"
Photobucket

Photobucket

After lunch at Grimaldi's we strolled over for some of our favorite hot chocolate and similar treats at Jaques Torres' little shoppe. Then headed over to Queens to visit Joan's sister & Matt's cousins. They live only 6 miles from us and yet we hardly get to see them. The afternoon spent in Astoria with them was delightful. And we were almost convinced to relocate there. They live near a train bridge (Amtrak, not the subway) whose support columns cross through the big park that is right on the river. Very beautiful, actually. And since it's only an Amtrak bridge, it's not very busy.

Photobucket

2 comments:

Amanda said...

I am so jealous! That pizza looks fantastic.

Sariah said...

OMGosh! That pizza looks soooooo good! Pizza is my most favorite dish EVER!

Hey, I've got those Lego passes. If you email your addy I can get those to you! gooseylloyd at yahoo dot com