Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Upstate

Over Memorial Day weekend we went upstate to see Nanny & Pop-Pop and Uncle Doug & Aunt Barbara. I have such wonderful memories of spending time my grandparents home when I was Alexis' age and I am confident she is making those same types of memories. They let her help with everything and have so many great experiences for her to have while she's there- whether it's decorating cupcakes with Nanny, or working in the garden or building something fabulous with Pop-Pop in his shop, I know she really loves to be with them and that makes my heart swell with happiness. I really wish we lived closer (or at least could make the trip more often).

Preparing the breakfast plates
Here she is getting all the plates ready for Pop-Pop's Saturday morning omelette. Lovely presentation, doncha think?

Preparing Breakfast
And placing the plates on the tray to carry them into the dining room...


Patriotic
One thing I wanted to do while upstate was get Lexi's hair cut (much cheaper up there!). She insisted she wanted it short. We talked about it a couple of times to make sure she was sure. And she was. So we cut it short. This is just after her salon experience with her new flag & star to wave at the parade.

Working in Pop-Pop's shop
Finishing her birdhouse. She made 3 that day with Pop-Pop. She did all the hammering and staining of the wood.

Painting a birdhouse

Eldridge Park Carousel
Saturday evening we went to Eldridge Park in Elmira to ride the carousel and see the new dragon boats. Aunt Barbara, Grandma Susan, Ella, Dad, Alexis & I all rode....

Ella walking a dog
Alexis and Ella are both really interested in dogs right now. (Can we get a dog, mom? is a familiar question around here these days). Ella got a chance to take a little one for a walk and feed him some hot dog. Sorry, girls. No dog as long as we're living in Manhattan.

1 comment:

dastew said...

you know you've lived in the City too long when you call Elmira "upstate" :)

Seriously though you guys should move up here, where men are men and winters are frigid.