Monday, May 04, 2009

One out of Three ain't Bad

A friend of mine here in NY is expecting triplets. 2 girls and 1 boy. So, Sonya, Leolani & I decided to make a quilt for each baby. We used this stacked coins pattern and Leo & Sonya got the Moda Fabrics from City Quilter. I hurried to finish this first one in time for the baby shower--I have the other girl's quilt to do still, and Sonya's finishing up the boy's quilt. They are all the same pattern, and the girls' have the same fabrics. I ended up doing a machine stipple stich all over and it really became a trial for me- but in the end it turned out nicely and all the ladies at the shower oohed and ahhed over it, which boosted my confidence a bit. Can't wait to see a photo of a darling little baby all snuggled up in it!

Photobucket

I really just adore the strip of coins on the backside of the quilt, too. Really ties the front and back together, don't you think?
Photobucket

13 comments:

just jen said...

absolutely beautiful...i am so jealous of your sewing skills.

i don't even own a sewing machine. maybe i should buy one?

Sunshine said...

add my oos and ahs to those of the party! Those are gorgeous.

sonya d said...

you did a wonderful job. I hope mine is as good. I also hope I finish it sometime!

Andrea, the little collector said...

All your quilts look great! Talented lady!!!

vdg family said...

Kendra you are sooo talented at EVERYTHING! How do you do it?

The Wilsons said...

Oh my goodness!!! Your quilts are gorgeous!!! Way to go! (Still loving the one you made for Kaylin--many thanks!)

celeste said...

Kendra, these quilts are amazing! You are so talented.

Malesa said...

That is freaking adorable! I want your sewing skills

Sariah said...

Do you have an Etsy shop or something? I would soooo buy one of these quilts from you! I love them! I had no idea you were such a seamstress! You go girl!

Ang said...

That is gorgeous--I want one!

Stefanie said...

That is amazing!!! I am so impressed Kendra! I'm sure your friend will LOVE the quilts :)

Kiwimommy said...

You are so amazingly talented!!! Love it. Love it. Love it.

Tamara said...

I am loving the quilt....who is having triplets?