Monday, May 04, 2009

Recently finished this quilt for a dear friend- she likes the Americana motif, so when I found out she was expecting her second baby, and then saw these fabrics bundled together, I knew I had to make a quilt for her. It took longer than I anticipated, but in the end I am really pleased with the result. I quilted the stars with my new machine-quilting freestyle foot and it was great. Many thanks to Lynn for convincing me to do the stars in the first place, and to Andrea for teaching me how to use my freeform quilting foot.

Photobucket

Photobucket

3 comments:

Andria said...

I love your quilts! What kind of machine do you have? I want to buy a new one but I haven't decided which one yet.

Kendra Leigh said...

When I first bought a machine about 8 years ago, it was a $50 pawn shop special- a Brother. It was fine. Straight and zig zag stitches, button holes- the basics. This time around I wanted a machine that I could grow into with decorative stitches and more advanced capabilities. I thought I'd go with a Bernina, or a Pfaff. I really would love a Husqvarna, but that's way out of my price range. I went to a local sewing shop and the lady sold me on another Brother- although a much better model than I previously had and I love, no LOVE, it. It's an Innovis NX-250. That was a long answer to your simple question.

sonya d said...

it came out great!