Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Tooth!

Lexi lost her first tooth on Mother's Day! Sunday, May 10th, 2009. She was 5 years, 4 months and 9 days old. She was eating breakfast. I was in the bedroom helping Ella get dressed for church and Matt was doing something else in the kitchen. All of the sudden Alexis seemed very upset and when Matt asked her what had happened she started crying. He thought maybe she had bitten her tongue while eating or something. Through her tears she was able to tell him that something came out of her mouth, but she thought it was food so she threw it away. Matt still wasn't sure what was happening, but looked in the trash and was able to spot the tooth and fish it out (we have a very small can, so it wasn't hard). He tried to explain to her what had happened and that it was actually kind of exciting. He then said, "Let's go tell Mommy!" and Lexi just burst into tears again! She didn't want to tell me. I guess she thought I would be mad? Which actually only makes me feel sad that she was too afraid to tell me. Especially since we had talked about losing teeth only a few days before that. Anyway, after a few minutes of consoling, Matt assured her I wouldn't be mad and convinced her to come and show me the missing tooth. I told her how exciting this was and then she was all smiles. Phew! What a traumatizing morning! What's it going to be like when she gets her first period?!


Sisters

4 comments:

The Wilsons said...

So glad you got the trauma resolved! Kaylin is still yet to lose her first one. She has a couple of slightly loose ones, and she really wants to lose one, but no luck yet! She was a really late teether, too--no teeth at all until after she was a year old!

Well, congrats to Lexi--hope she remains at peace with her "loss"!

Marci said...

Poor Lexi! We have a book about that "Parts" by Tedd Arnold. Poor kid thinks his body is falling apart as teeth come out, hair falls out, and skin sloughs off.

LMT said...

My niece just lost her first tooth too. I am shocked at how exciting it is for me too. hehe.

Good job telling her about it in the nick of time. Did you tell her about the Tooth Fairy, that always made me look forward to another tooth out and sad when they were all out.

Sariah said...

Oh, poor Lexi! I had to laugh at your last comment though. SO FUNNY! Hope she does better when the times comes! lol.