I wish I could take really artistic & beautiful photos, but I can't. I wish I was a creative writer, but I'm not. Instead, I take my kids all over the city (& sometimes the country, too!) to experience the wonders of life. And then I slap up some point-and-shoot pictures & tell you plainly about it.
Wednesday, May 06, 2009
Queens Zoo
We have a membership to the zoo (hence, all the trips we take there!) and the only zoo we have never been to in NYC is the Queens Zoo. Grandma Susan was out of town and left us her car while she was gone, so we needed to pick her up from the airport- the Queens Zoo is only minutes from LGA, so we decided to head there directly after school and then pick up Grandma after that. It's a small zoo (they all are, except for the Bronx), but it was great. There were only a handful of people there, so we didn't have to fight for a good view with anyone. We saw a puma (sleeping!), sea lions, buffalo, bald eagles, parrots, swamp life, farm animals and a bear. They also had a playground, which we just had to stop at for awhile. Alexis shows off her monkey bar skills:
After the zoo we took a ride on the carousel. I took a video of Ella saying "Up! Down!" because this was the first time she really spontaneously said it. Her speech therapy has been doing wonders!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment