The conversation went like this:
Lexi: Daddy, what does water have in it?
Dad: 2 parts Hydrogen, 1 part Oxygen.
Lexi: Whoa, that's a lot.
The saddest part of this funny story is the fact that this is an edited version of our 6 second chemistry lesson that night (edited for comedic effect). I initially said that it was 2 parts oxygen, 1 part hydrogen before recalling my days as a junior in high school and correcting myself. Apologies to my father who tried very hard to help me in Chemistry (he even provided me the best periodic table chart I have ever seen inside or outside of a school) but it just was not my one true love. At least for Lexi's sake I corrected myself and thankfully for the youth of America my teaching credentials are not in Chemistry.
3 comments:
She is a deep thinker! Awesome! Good descriptions.
hahaaa! Great post.
I hope you explained the dangers of dihydrogen monoxide to her. Best she be informed at a young age. :)
Post a Comment