Saturday, October 04, 2008

100 Bottles of Beer


This happened back at the end of July but I completely forgot to blog about it! Occasionally we get together with some friends and barbecue on the roof of Columbia U's medical student housing. It's always fun. This year, a family with 2 little girls moved into the 'hood and Lexi and Ella seem to play well together. During this particular bbq, they were off playing by themselves for a long time. Eventually, an adult went to check on them and found this scene. They had scrounged up a whole slew of empty beer bottles from the trash cans (from the previous night's big bash???) and had been picking some flowers from the surrounding planters. I pose the question: Young and innocent or foreshadowing of the times that lie ahead?!

6 comments:

Rebecca Pierce said...

That is hilarious!

Wife of dastew said...

One of those bottles needs a virgin statue on the top.

Andrea said...

Ok, wife of dastew made me LAUGH!!! Definitely needs a virgin statue.

Maybe foreshadowing of their future ability to turn rubbish into beauty...

Michal Thompson said...

What a party. I miss living in the North East where they celebrate more holidays!!

Messick Family said...

Hey, your girls are so cute! It was great to catch up. I enjoyed reading your blog!

The Giles said...

Innocence! And creativity. Hilarious. Looking at your blog and seeing Ella (who was born after we left) makes me realize we've been gone a long time. And that's sad. Anyway, I want to hear about your triathlon when you do it. It's my new hobby.