Monday, June 16, 2008

The Zoo (Again)


Last year my mother got us a membership to the Wildlife Conservation Society, which allows us entrance to the 4 zoos & 1 aquarium here in the city. We enjoyed it so much that we renewed the membership this year (thanks, Mr. Bush). I take the camera with me, but only for times when we see something unusual or somewhat new to us, because it seems that we have an overabundance of zoo photos. This time, the lions were actually close to the viewing area. They are rarely close enough to really see. And we even heard the male lion roar a couple of times (although not while we were actually watching him- we had moved on to a close-by exhibit). I went a little picture crazy because I was just entranced. For as many times as we've been to the Bronx Zoo, we have never seen the lions so well before!


Lions at the Bronx Zoo

Lexi was in rare form, too, choosing to pose for several shots and shouting "Mom! Take another of me here!" Maybe she is coming out of her camera-shy phase?

No comments: