I wish I could take really artistic & beautiful photos, but I can't. I wish I was a creative writer, but I'm not. Instead, I take my kids all over the city (& sometimes the country, too!) to experience the wonders of life. And then I slap up some point-and-shoot pictures & tell you plainly about it.
Monday, October 12, 2009
The High Line
There is this old section of elevated train tracks down in the Chelsea area of Manhattan- it's been abandoned for years and years. And then someone had a brilliant idea to turn it into a park! Much of the construction has finished (I think there are still plans to expand it), and so we went down to check it out.
They have some seating scattered throughout the park, including these deck chairs that have railroad wheels on them! I think they actually move, but they were all occupied, so we didn't get a chance to try them out ourselves.
There is also a section of the track that crosses over 10th Avenue, and they constructed a sort of theater space where you can just sit and watch the traffic through the glass.
We also saw a fashion photo shoot:
And a nice view of the Empire State Building
And a cruise ship headed out to sea:
We got some takeout dinner in the Village & ate another a playground nearby where Lexi wanted to show off some of her monkey bar skills:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)











1 comment:
This looks so cool! Can we come play?
Post a Comment