Monday, October 05, 2009

Other Highlights

Other Outer Banks vacation highlights (because there are too many to do a post on each one):

The Food! Each family unit was in charge of making dinner for one of the nights we were there- we had such a delicious menu every single day! Hawaiian Haystacks, tacos, fajitas, sausage&pepper sandwiches, shrimp on the barby, chicken roulade w/ an amazing cranberry, walnut & goat cheese filling, london broil & potato salad- desserts! breakfast rolls! salads! drinks! Oh the glorious food!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Laura's Optical Showcase: My sister is a distributor for an eyeglass company and so we were able to choose some frames from her for a very low cost. We had a fun time trying out all the options!
Photobucket
Photobucket


BINGO! We have a family tradition of playing Bingo whenever we can- we play for fun little cheap prizes (usually from the dollar store) and we all just love it. There's nothing like hearing everyone complain that they're not getting any numbers on their card, then all of the sudden someone yells the first BINGO and the crowd erupts in cheers. I'll never get sick of Bingo!
Peter's been the caller for years, and he's gracious enough to let Lexi help him.
Photobucket
Photobucket

When we're all together, there are never enough bingo chips to go around- some of us got very creative:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Bike Riding! I don't think I've ridden a bike in over 15 years! Matt rides every day to work- but this vacation made me feel the desire again! I'd love to have a bike! Laura's man, Joe, let me borrow his one evening and Matt&I along with my mother and sisters, took a little spin around Corolla, down a secret boardwalk, and over to the lighthouse. It was all great until Joe's chain broke on me- I'm just glad it was a pre-existing condition and that I wasn't the one to blame! :)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The House! Named "The Gang's All Here" which couldn't have been a more fitting name for our week-long vacation home with our entire gang:
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments: