While in California, Alexis learned to ride a bike without training wheels. She's never ridden one with training wheels, but I sort of wanted to skip that step. She's been riding a scooter for about 2 years now and has the balance on that completely figured out, so I was hoping that would sort of transfer to the bike. Matt took her out to the street and worked with her for a little while. Before she knew it (literally) she was riding! She couldn't really figure out how to stop, so that made her nervous. And I think she surprised herself at her ability and then psyched herself out- because she rode it several times that day, but then didn't want to do it again. And still hasn't wanted to try and ride the cool bike Grandma Susan got for her that now sits in our entry hall waiting for the day when she's ready to try again.
Matt was a little sentimental when he mentioned that he really enjoyed teaching her to ride a bike in the same driveway and street where he learned to ride.
1 comment:
Awesome daddy...I love watching him run along beside her! Way to go, Lexi--you'll have lots of fun when you decide it's time to try those wheels again.
Post a Comment