Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Holiday Train Show


The Statue of LibertyEllis Island

Here I will post mostly our photos of the Holiday Train Show at the NY Botanic Garden. Inside the conservatories, there are replicas of various NYC buildings and landmarks, "made entirely from plant parts like berries, mushrooms, pinecones, leaves and twigs," with model trains running around, through and over them. It's really pretty amazing! Warning: this post is picture laden mostly because I thought the constructions were intriguing. I'll label the ones I can remember and/or recognize.

My view as we waited in line (Ella sleeping in the Ergo carrier)
The George Washington Bridge

Close up of GWB with bus crossing


Okay, I ran out of photo space in my google albums account, so I uploaded the rest of the photos to photobucket and created a slideshow.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

WOW! that is SO COOL! k, so i'm a bit of a botany nerd...but still! it reminds me of the rose parade (I think that's what it's called...in pasadena, cali every winter where all the floats are made with flowers/plants.) but this is even cooler!!!
k, so i just saw the date on this post...i guess i missed it. oh well! :) you guys comin out in april? hope so! :)