Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Read For The Record

Do you remember reading this charming story of little Corduroy bear? I love it and so does my daughter. Well, now you can share the excitement and joy of reading with children who haven't discovered it. Jumpstart's Read for the Record is a campaign designed to bring attention to the importance of early education. By encouraging hundreds of thousands of children and adults to read the same book on the same day, Jumpstart aims to break a world record and to make early education a national priority.

Children and adults will read together at events nationwide on October 2, in schools, libraries, stores, hotels, playgrounds, offices, and homes.

If you go to their site, you can purchase books that will be donated to kids in need. You can create a book drive. You can also build your own reading event, or participate in one that is happening near you. You can also just register to Read that day with your own children. Join in!

I'm going to talk to Lexi's teacher about it today and hopefully will be able to spend some time in her classroom on October 2 sharing the joy of reading.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

We just registered to read that day. I actually tried to find an event within 200 miles from Dallas, and there aren't any. So sad!

Good idea about talking to your daughters teacher about reading in class with them. I'm gonna look into something like that. We already have the book.