Friday, December 01, 2006

...and the Government shall be upon his shoulders...

After reading this post on my friend Julia's blog, I discovered that the primary and senior nursery are planning to sing "For Unto Us A Child Is Born" from Handel's Messiah for our ward Christmas Program. It's an ambitious and lofty goal, if you ask me, but I decided to try and help Lexi learn the piece as best as a 3-year-old can. We played it for her the other night, and sure enough, when the choir sang "Wonderful! Counselor! The Mighty God! The Everlasting Father! The Prince of Peace!" she chimed right in! She made us repeat the song 3 or 4 times, which was fine with me because I just love it. Then we took a break for dinner. Soon after, Matt & Lexi headed to the living room and Lexi made this request:

"Daddy, I want to watch. Uhhhh... I want the government to be upon his shoulders. I want to listen!"

Matt gladly obliged.