Wednesday, June 29, 2011

A Baby Shower

Since this is my third child, I didn't even think twice about not having a baby shower.  I haven't been to many showers for second, third etc. babies.  But because it's my first boy a couple of my friends insisted on throwing a shower.  I didn't really want a big deal, and was really only secretly hoping that maybe a bunch of people would pitch in a little money to help us invest in a new Ergo carrier (mine was 8 years old and had been through 3 children b/c we bought it used in the first place).  But these ladies did an absolutely amazing job with the decor, the food & the atmosphere.  And so many of my nearest and dearest came to celebrate with me!  And the generosity of everyone was really so flattering- clothes (including an amazing handmade sweater which I expect to fit him at family photo time), books, blankets, diapers, a pedicure for me(!) and various other sundries.  I just felt so much love for me and this new babe and am so grateful for the friends I have here!  Extra special thanks to Erin, Jessica, Abbie & Lynn for all they did to organize & WOW me!














My  new (organic!) Ergo carrier!! A most wonderful group gift!!

My lovely hosts, Erin (who has since moved away, sniff) & Jessica

No comments: