After tripping over her dress multiple times, I decided I didn't really want to deal with her in that Cinderella dress all day long on Saturday. Alexis chose to be Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz, and so I thought maybe I'd dress Ella up in all black, top her off with a witches hat & maybe paint her cheeks green to allude to the Wicked Witch of the West, who we all know is really not so wicked after all (well, you know that if you've seen Wicked). But when we were getting dressed, she refused to wear the hat and said to me, "Ella no wear hat. Ella be tat." So we pulled out the cat ears & tail from the dress up box, painted her face and away we went- Dorothy & a black cat. And I just noticed (after posting all the photos) there isn't really a good one of Alexis's whole outfit- red ruby slippers, and little dog Toto and all. Guess we'll just have to dress her up again. (wink wink)
We first participated in a Trick-or-Treat Parade in Inwood- visiting businesses for candy! And ultimately the Fire House.
Home for a nap then back out to the church for a Halloween Party where more candy was acquired and a good time had by all. There were some good costumes there that night!
Costume Parade at Church Party
Uncle Sam & a Bald Eagle
High School Musical people (I have to admit, I've never seen this movie, so I'm not sure of the characters)
Super Mario & Princess & Mushroom
Me as Rosie the Riveter. We Can Do It!













5 comments:
Your costume turned out SO GOOD! You look like her and your attire, pose, and red ribbon are perfect. Great idea.
ps. I still owe you cookies. hehe
awwww!!! the girls are so cute! and you are a perfect rosie! :-) love it!
Great costumes! Kendra, I loved yours. It was very original.
Great costume Kendra! I love it!
adorable. kendra, i just love you and your family!
Post a Comment