On Veteran's Day we took the kids to visit the
USS New York. This is a newly commissioned ship that has steel from the World Trade Center built into it's hull. It was here in NYC for several days and open to the public for tours. It serves both Navy and Marine purposes and was really interesting to see. My maternal grandfather and uncle both served in the Marine Corps (Semper Fi!), and paternal grandfather in the Army, and Matt's father was in the Army too, so we are proud to be Americans!
Some of the following photos are of the same kinds of copters my uncle piloted.
The packs the Marines wear can be up to 50 pounds (can that be right?)- this one was about 30, but Ella really wanted to try it on. The marine behind her held it up while I took the photo.
2 comments:
I rarely comment, but I'm always checking in to seeo how you are! I'm always impressed with how you really get out in the city and get your girls involved in everything!!
Matt & Kendra...send us your email address and we'll forward some pictures of the latest Cope to you. Our address is: rlcope@verizon.net
Post a Comment