Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mama's Birthday

Photobucket

For my mother's birthday this year I requested tickets to the Martha Stewart Show. We went last year at this time and it was lots of fun. And, thankfully, my request was fulfilled, so my sister Allie, mom & I saw the show on April 7. Emeril Lagasse was one of the guests and gave us a saucepan from his line of cookware (by All-Clad- which are all the pots I already have and LOVE). We also saw Rupert Everett who spent some time planting flowers with Martha. I find it really fascinating to attend a taping because you see all that goes on behind the scenes. Like the fact that Martha doesn't look up at her directors often enough and has them scrambling and waving their arms and shaking cue cards furiously trying to get her attention. I also got a cookbook during the commercial break for being such an enthusiastic audience member. Boo yah.

After the show, we took mom to lunch at Elmo. Happy Birthday, Mom! We're glad you were born!

No comments: