





Later that afternoon, Grandma Susan came over and brought all the things you need to dye easter eggs. She and Lexi had a good time "killing" the easter eggs (in Lexi's words). Lex even thought it would be a good idea to dip her hand in the mug, resulting in a neon pink skin color. We scrubbed it off as best we could, but there were still faint remains of it on Sunday. Good thing it matched her dress.

Speaking of which, I have no photos of the girls from Easter Day. Or any of us, for that matter. But for the first time, Alexis willingly went up and sang with the rest of the primary- and did a great job! Grandma Susan cooked dinner for us and we had about 10 egg hunts in our little apartment as Lexi wanted to hide and seek over and over and over again.
All week we had been practicing this hymn as I suspected we would be singing it in sacrament meeting. Lexi loves to sing, but she really doesn't know any of the hymns, so in an effort to help her participate more in sacrament song singing, we've started learning a hymn each week. Imagine my dismay when they announced that we would indeed be singing that hymn, but in SPANISH! Oh well. Lex still sang the Alleluias.
9 comments:
I was totally laughing with you and your Mom at the "killing" of the eggs. Thanks-I felt like I was right there with you. Wish Wish...
Priceless........"killing" eggs!!
And what a great idea to help Lexi learn some hymns.
why would you sing it in spanish?
good idea to work on hymns during the week, my boys think that singing time means time to be rowdy. wonderful.
Oh, yeah! I've never mentioned that about a year ago our ward took in all the families from the Spanish ward that have kids in the youth program. They wanted to combine our youth and their youth in an effort to unify. I guess there is also a shortage of good leadership in the Spanish ward for the youth to learn from. Anyway, several of the family members do not speak much (if any) English. For a while, there was one talk during sacrament meeting in Spanish and 2 talks in English. Lately, our ward has been providing interpretation services for sacrament meeting and Relief Society. I guess that's why we sang in Spanish- although we have never done that before.
Starting the week after conference, they are changing out meeting times so that our Sunday School and RS (& primary) overlap with the Spanish ward, so that the families can choose to attend the spanish ward while still giving their children the benefit of mingling with the English ward... As I write this comment, I realize I could do a whole post on this situation alone!
So cool to experience that kind of diversity! Wow!
Have you considered home schooling? You are totally doing it right now, you realize that, right? Seriously, you have the love for teaching your kids, and at their age, they learn naturally anyway. You should look into it.
I love it when the primary sings. Ever since Ruby's been old enough, Chris cries EVERY TIME.
Your kids are clones of you and Matt. Both a good mix, but soooo both of you. Amazing.
Love you!
Homeschool? I'm not so sure I have the discipline to do that- although the more I learn about it, the more it seems there is no set schedule and you just kind of learn through everyday activities. But really, I am happy to just supplement my kids education. And I'm somewhat conflicted because Matt is a public school teacher- it would seem as if I'm saying that even though he works in the school system, it's not good enough for my kids (which may or may not be true).
I just love Lexi's new makeup job...she just gets cuter and cuter.
Okay- i LOVED the videos! I can't believe that you have a child that old- she is so grown up and they are both definitely adorable!
I know many a former teacher who keeps their kids home, but not many married to an active public school educator. I hear you on that! I joined an LDS homeschoolers yahoo email group and I've been reading for a few months now about how different people do it and it's pretty amazing the range. I found a home school co-op of LDS families (the only reason why the LDS part is important to me is because most homeschoolers are religious, and if they aren't LDS they are fairly well anti. I don't want to expand my circle to have more people who don't respect my beliefs...I do better with athiests than "born agains" any day. So, in the homeschool world I plan to stick with people who are LDS) that meets for three subjects once a week. It will give me an out on some subjects to go there and let her socialize, etc. Then the local YMCA offers homeschoolers a co-op twice a week for two hours where they do aquatics for one hour and other physical fun the other hour. I'm really excited about it. I don't do it to dis the PS system, but I just know I can accomplish everything in less time, and I don't want to send my kiddo off for that many hours a day at this young of an age. We'll see how it goes!
Post a Comment