Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day


We had to do something for St. Patrick's Day... seeing as we have Irish blood in our veins and all. We didn't make it down to the big parade on 5th Avenue. I went a few years ago, and remembering how crazy it was, I didn't dare venture there on my own with 2 children, even to see our friend Marcus play the tuba as he marched by. Plus, Lexi had to be back uptown for preschool at 1 o'clock. And no. She cannot miss a day. Because I said so.

So, we settled for making little "shamrock sticks" (don't ask me what these were for- no real purpose at all). We also made a pot of gold and a little shamrock garland. For dinner we had Irish stew with a side of Irish Soda Bread- first time that I have made either one of these recipes and they were very delicious. We also dyed our milk green. Just for kicks and giggles.

Happy St. Paddy's Day!

1 comment:

just jen said...

connor is NOT allowed to miss a day a preschool either, for the same reason you mention.