I wish I could take really artistic & beautiful photos, but I can't. I wish I was a creative writer, but I'm not. Instead, I take my kids all over the city (& sometimes the country, too!) to experience the wonders of life. And then I slap up some point-and-shoot pictures & tell you plainly about it.
Saturday, February 09, 2008
The Cookies
Remember when I said I was going to make these? I finally got around to it. Overall, I guess they were good. They were a little more labor intensive than I like in a cookie. I'm a mix-the-dough-together-plop-it-on-the-cookie-sheet kinda girl. Not a huge fan of rolling out dough. Or multi-step cookies. (But I do feel differently about insanely time consuming desserts like Lemon Cheesecake.) However, I thought I'd take one for the team and bake these up. I did things a little differently than the recipe said (like, I didn't roll out the dough. Surprise! Instead, I just rolled the dough into little balls, placed them on the sheet and pressed them down into a round shape.) I also didn't end up "dipping" the cookies in the chocolate- seemed to be easier to me to actually spread the chocolate on the back side. Also, I stuck the finished products in the fridge to harden up the chocolate- it was way too melty melty for eating. In the end, they were kind of messy to eat anyway, and the caramel/coconut topping didn't really adhere to the cookie part (maybe I needed more caramel to the coconut?) But the grand consensus was that they were de-lish. I actually don't know that I'll make them again- kind of worth it to me now to spend the $3.50 on a box (or two or three) once a year. It cost me at least that much in ingredients plus my time and effort. Okay, so they weren't as great as I expected or hoped. But everyone here actually liked them. Go ahead. Try 'em. I'd like to hear what you think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
Oh my goodness, they look amazing. I will need to make these as well:)
Wow, you've been doing some very aggresstive baking! Donuts, cheesecake and these yums. I wonder if the carmel would have adhered better to the chocolate if it had hardened on there before you put it on. I'll never be so ambitious, but I need to send your blog link on to a few friends who have been saying, "if you bake them and they are good, I'll make them." This way they have your review to rely on.
yum...can i come over to your house to have some dessert?
i think i am gaining weight just looking at your pictures...
*drool*
Those cookies look so yummy! We found a box of Samoas in our freezer when we moved. he he!
Post a Comment