
Has this ever happened to you? I usually heat up a bottle for Ella "old school" style by warming it in a hot water bath on top of the stove. On this particular morning we were in a hurry to get out the door to a doctor's appointment at 9:30. So, I popped a bottle in a pot while I was getting everything (and everyone) else ready. We dashed out the door and as we neared the subway station I was reviewing in my head what would happen at the doctor's office. Ella was due for some shots, so as I was thinking about how I would attempt to comfort her post-injections with a bottle I remembered that I didn't actually have the bottle with me. Because it was still at home. In the pot. On the stove. With the flame on. YIKES! I said to Lexi, "We have to go home! The bottle is still on the stove!" She yelled, "Let's run, mom!" and took off running. When we got home, the water had boiled out of the pot, the bottle had begun melting to the bottom of the pot and the milk INSIDE the bottle was actually boiling. Phew! That was a close one. I have since changed my ways. I'm still "old school" in that I usually heat the bottle up on the stove. But now I bring the water to boil and turn off the flame before sticking the bottle in.
Shout-out to All-Clad pots and pans, though. I just might be able to save the pan!
No comments:
Post a Comment