I wish I could take really artistic & beautiful photos, but I can't. I wish I was a creative writer, but I'm not. Instead, I take my kids all over the city (& sometimes the country, too!) to experience the wonders of life. And then I slap up some point-and-shoot pictures & tell you plainly about it.
Sunday, July 29, 2007
Ella's Blessing
Today we blessed our little Ella Ruth in the Inwood 1st Ward. We were so blessed to have some family there and Great Grandpa Elliott and Great Uncle Doug were able to participate in the blessing. I wish we had gotten of photo of Ella with all the priesthood bearers, but alas, we can't catch all the good moments, can we? It was a beautiful blessing and Matt spoke slowly enough for me to be able to jot down most of what he said (not verbatim, but I'm still happy with what I got). Ella wore a dress that has been worn by generations of women in my family. My mother, her sister, me and all my sisters, my cousin and now both of my daughters. There is a photo of all the women (including Great Grandma Elliott who began the tradition by dressing her daughters in the dress) and only my sister, Laura, is missing. We don't have photos of Ella by herself in the dress yet- those should be coming shortly!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So sad we missed it. I'm sure it was a beautiful blessing and Ella looks so precious in her dress. Lots of love to you guys.
Post a Comment