Thursday, June 07, 2007

Introducing Ella Ruth



Ella Ruth was born on Tuesday, June 5, 2007 at 10:40 PM- 11 days late. She weighed in at a hefty 9 pounds 2 ounces and is 21.5 inches long. The labor and delivery was pretty uneventful and went smoothly. I had a great doctor, labor nurse, husband and epidural to help me through it all.

Lexi met her little sister for the first time the next day. She was so excited to see Ella and wanted to sit down and hold her right away. She kept asking Ella, "Do you love me?" She also played "This Little Piggy" with Ella's toes and "Patty Cake" with her hands. Then she said, "I know another song I can sing to Ella." And then she started singing "I Am A Child Of God". It warmed my heart!

I was feeling pretty good, so I was anxious to leave the hospital. We came home last night about midnight and actually had a remarkably good night's sleep. Guess Ella is still groggy from her entrance into this world. I'm not expecting that to last too long.

You should be able to link to the photos/videos we took at the hospital by clicking on the above image(s).

9 comments:

Julia said...

Kendra, she is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her.

The Wilsons said...

Hooray!!!!! I've been checking often in anxious anticipation....congratulations. She's finally here, and she's beautiful!

Miggy said...

Congradulations! She's beautiful and I'm glad she's finally here. Good luck with everything! Can't wait to see her.

Emma said...

Hurray for epidurals!!! Now that you don't need good labor vibes anymore, I'll send you good nursing and sleeping vibes. At 9 pounds, surely her stomach is big enough to hold A LOT of milk! (enough to get through the night really soon, right?) I'm heading out of town next week, but bringing my mom back with me, so perhaps I can come visit sometime between June 27th and July 5th? i'll leave my little maniacs at home and come get my baby fix. great name, by the way (especially the middle one:>)

Jones Family said...

kendra! what a juicy babe!! luvluvluv her! can't wait to hold her. priceless to see the beginnings of your childrens affection for each other, eh? Lexi is going to be so incredible.

bravo kendra&matt!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad everything went well with the delivery since the pregnancy wasn't so fun. Even thought she was late, it seems like it worked out well to wait until after Matt's graduation. I wish you the best on getting Ella to continue sleeping through the night.

Jessica said...

She's such a doll! I LOVED the video of her and Lexi. Lexi is going to be such a fabulous big sister -- and I can tell that you guys are doing an amazing job with helping her through the transition. Way to go! I'm with Emma: good sleep and nursing vibes are being sent right now!

josh.sandra.ava.davis.ella said...

ella is gorgeous! congratulations to the whole family. can't wait to meet your new princess :)

Eddie said...

Ella (which in Spanish means "she," or "her") is very beautiful.
Congrats.
We wish we were in NYC to see her.