Tuesday, May 29, 2007

The City That Never Sleeps

Caught this story on the news tonight... turns out we live in one of the noisiest areas of Manhattan- was it that fire truck screaming by again that gave it away?! Or the Dominican fiesta that lasted until 3 o'clock this morning?! I don't actually know where our street would fit on the spectrum since we basically live on the border of Hamilton Heights (#1) and Washington Heights (#3). I DO know that I always kind of freak out whenever we visit family in the quiet suburbs because I'm afraid none of us will be able to sleep when we get back to the city again. Lexi is a pretty heavy sleeper, thank goodness. I hope #2 will be as well.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Judging from your flurry of blog activity, I'd say you are clearly feeling that "I'm at the end" push of energy. Is it accompanied by an intense need to scrub the kitchen floor with a toothbrush and re-paint all of the baseboards in the apt? Sending you good labor vibes--can't wait to hear the news of her birth!

Kendra Leigh said...

Not just "at the end"- but "past the end!" 5 days late today with no signs of impending labor... at this point I hope she waits until after Friday morning when I hope to be attending Matt's graduation ceremony.

Miggy said...

Where's the baby!?!?

Don't you love insensitive remarks like that? Good luck and I too will send some labor inducing vibes your way.