During Spring Break, Alexis and I headed up to Van Cortlandt park in the Bronx to check out an archery program sponsored by the parks department. It was really fun (although very well attended, so we only got to shoot 6 arrows). Although I may have had slightly better form than Lexi, she had better aim and landed 2 arrows on the target. She's got potential!
Then we strolled over to the Van Cortlandt house and took a semi-private tour (just 3 other kids and 2 other adults) which allowed us to actually enter the rooms behind the museum bars. The tour guide was extremely knowledgeable and the kids all seemed to love it. Historic homes are some of my most favorite museums. Alexis was chosen to model the period clothing- including the corset, which she said was "so tight!" As if she needs to cinch her waist. It was a fun, rare time for just her and I to be together.
1 comment:
You know there are a lot of old-timey houses upstate you guys could tour. I'm just saying
Post a Comment