Monday, September 12, 2011

A Day in Brooklyn

Over Labor Day weekend, we were lucky to win some tickets to a Brooklyn Cyclones game. The Cyclones are a minor league baseball team associated with the NY Mets. Their stadium is at Coney Island.  So we decided to make a day of it. We headed to the NY Aquarium first. Here we are just before the sea lion show began.  It was a busy day at the aquarium!

Then we walked along the board walk & played at the playground for a whopping 5 minutes.  It was then that I noticed how riddled with glass the sand was.  Sliver in the foot just waiting to happen.  So I pulled the plug on the fun and quickly herded us off to McDonald's for dinner.  Because I refuse to pay $3.50 for one Nathan's hot dog when I can get a whole package in the store for about the same price.


Then we headed to the stadium.  We saw the players warming up and the staff prepping the field.


I love that the score board looks like the Cyclone roller coaster.

Caleb's first baseball game with dad.  Here's hoping there will be many more together. Assuming Caleb likes baseball as much as his dad.  And that we can afford tickets.

They were giving away Cyclones winter hats that night.  So we all got one.  Even Caleb, who is sleeping soundly in the ergo in this photo.  Game over!  Cyclones win! 4-3 against the Staten Island Yankees.

It was Firework Friday night, too, although the fireworks didn't come out in this photo.

The girls got to meet the mascots also.


It was a fun day!  We didn't get home until midnight, though, because the subway was running local and SLOW.  And ever since then, Caleb's night sleeping has been all off again.  But it was a fun day.

No comments: