Monday, September 12, 2011

A couple of weeks ago we took a trip upstate to the Finger Lakes Region to visit family and get away from the city. Since Caleb was born this summer, we didn't make any firm plans to go away, and Matt worked summer school. But as summer school was winding down we felt like a little trip. The girls stayed at Nanny and Pop-pop's house while Matt, Caleb and I stayed at Aunt Barbara and Uncle Doug's home. The girls had a grand time playing the yard, making projects in Pop-pop's wood shop, going to the library and to play miniature golf and spending time with Nanny and Pop-pop. Matt & I enjoyed the little break from our high energy daughters and spent some time in Ithaca & Watkins Glen and enjoyed staying on the shores of Lake Seneca.

Our first stop as we pulled into town was to visit Aunt Barbara at Elmira College. This fountain was a gift from one of the graduating classes to the college. She treated the kids to some EC souvenirs from the bookstore & the famous purple&gold M&Ms. We also visited the Mark Twain Study which sits on the campus, but I don't have a photo of that.

On Tuesday, my cousin Liz came home from her LDS mission in Tempe, Arizona.  We surprised her at the airport- she had no idea we were going to be visiting.  She only had 3 days at home before she had to report back to BYU for the fall semester, so that was another reason we decided to take the trip-- so that we could spend some time with her. 



She and Caleb spent a lot of time together and he seemed to really love her.  He was always calm with her. At the risk of sounding a little cheesy, I believe she had such a strong spiritual presence with her and he could sense that.

Auntie B got some snuggle time, too!

The rose garden that we planted back in June has really grown nicely. 
The plants seem to have doubled in size.


I remember singing at the piano while my grandmother played.  (I also remember playing piano duets with her).  It's exciting and wonderful for me to see my daughters making the same memories.

No comments: