The first day of school! First grade this year. 26 children in her class, many that she already knows from last year. This year I got very ambitious and decided to make all her uniforms (well, not the blouses). So we stocked up on navy blue materials from Joann's Fabrics and I made her several skirts and a couple of jumpers. I did some of it in California while able to use my mother-in-law's serger. Heaven! I decided to make her clothes this year because most of the stuff we can buy off the rack does not fit this tall, slender young lady. I end up having to alter it anyway, so I figured it would be just as easy to make it from scratch.
Ella started preschool 3 mornings a week this year, too. She does not have to wear uniforms yet. She loves going to school and is learning so many new things. She can write her own name and most of the letters of the alphabet without any assistance. I think that's amazing.
1 comment:
You are so talented! No sewing school clothes happening around here. What a wonderful skill you have!
Post a Comment