Thursday, October 21, 2010

Biking

Ella got this little bike for her birthday back at the beginning of the summer.  It is a two-wheeler with no training wheels, and is also known as a running bike, or a balance bike.  The idea is to use your feet to power the bike, and it helps kids to learn to balance on a bike making the transition to a bigger bike much faster and smoother.  She loves this bike so much and has become very proficient.  We love it, too!

Sometimes she gets moving a little faster than she can handle, but I guess that's good.  Shows her confidence is growing. 



In her preschool, they had an event called Trike-A-Thon to benefit St. Jude's Hospital.  The kids were allowed to bring their own bikes if they wanted to.  Ella, of course, wanted to bring hers, so I schlepped it on the subway and bus at rush hour because I love her!
  Photobucket



She also tried out a scooter:
Photobucket

1 comment:

LMT said...

Oh my goodness, SO CUTE! I want one of those bikes too.