Friday, September 10, 2010

Lego Store

Photobucket

Lego recently opened a new flagship store in Rockefeller Center.  We went down to enjoy some of the celebrations.  We were able to assist in the construction of a huge red apple made entirely of lego bricks.  I totally love Legos and with the direction they gave us, I could have stayed for an hour making bricks for the apple.  We watched them build it up a bit, but didn't see it to completion- and it only lasted for the 3-day grand opening celebration.
Photobucket

Here we are building the large bricks out of smaller bricks:
Photobucket

Photobucket


And Alexis & Ella were happy to haul all the bricks over to the Big Apple.
Photobucket


Photobucket


There was also a separate building table where you were given a flat building sheet and could use all the green bricks you wanted to create whatever you wanted.  They then displayed the creations all along the promenade at Rockefeller Center.  Here are the girls pointing out their creations.  I don't really know what they are (and Ella's is not the one that says New York- I think it's the one behind that.)
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Abbie said...

I saw the store last night and thought "that looks new." I'll have to take the kids down to check it out.

Sariah said...

My kids would have LOVED that!