Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Summer Camp

Alexis was able to spend a week all by herself at Nanny and Pop-pop's house upstate.  She had a grand time!  I drove her half way to their home and they came half way where we exchanged the little passenger.  She was so excited to get in their car and go home with them that she barely even said goodbye to me!  She spent the week and then Grandma Susan, Ella & I went up the following weekend to visit and bring Alexis home with us.  I'll post the reports I got from Nanny to record here all of the fun adventures she had. 

Monday Night:  All is well. When we got home Lexi unpacked and put her clothing in the chest of drawers in the blue room.  Then she busied herself with the things in the closet.  I found some Barbie paper dolls and lots of construction paper, etc. and added that to the supplies in there.  Then she watched "Pocohantas". After dinner Lexi had her bath :) Next, FHE...prayer, story time and game time.  Lexi is working on a game right now. We tried "The Cat and Mouse" board game but didn't like it so she is making one up.  We may try the C&M another time.  

Tuesday: Lexi and I went to the library this morning.  Got lots of books(some for her to read, some for me to read to her) and some DVDs.  She really liked our kids section.    We are planning to leave for the Park shortly.   Lexi has been riding her bicycle around the circle and is doing really well.  She is even speeding up some. Lexi seems quite content.  She is eating well and slept like a log. :)   I love her!!!  and of course so does pop-pop.  (she helps him pick the cucumbers and zucchini when ready)  

Thursday:  All is going well. :)   Perhaps a little more videos than you would approve of but I didn't realize all the Pokemon DVDs had several chapters on them!!!  But I figure it's a vacation trip........:)
The trip to the pageant (on Wednesday) went very well.  Barbara drove us up and back which was very nice for us.  She also came prepared with several fun activity books for Lexi to use up the long wait until pageant begins.  By chance, a primary girl and her parents from our Ward sat in our row so that was a nice thing for both girls.  I am impressed with Lexi's familiarity with the Book of Mormon.   She really knew what was going on.  It is a really dramatic presentation....lots of great effects.....storms, battles, mists, etc.  Quite different from when you went with us.  New and improved version.   
Photobucket
Photobucket

We may try the Park again this evening since we didn't realize the other day that the carousel and golf and boats were only operating from 5-9 pm.  
I think Lexi misses Ella.  She mentions her frequently and thinks about what Ella would think or do in certain situations.  :)  She bought Ella a gift with her spending money at Corning Museum.  That was a good trip too.  She says she is having a fun time so that is good to know.  She is sleeping like a log! :)
Today Barbara took a day off to continue moving in to their new house so Lexi and I will probably go over somtime for Lexi to see their house and maybe go in the lake.  (She did do a sprinkler thing in our back yard but we don't have a good sprinkler )
Photobucket
Photobucket

Friday: Lexi slept late this morning.  I guess she was worn out from her "swim" in the lake and our excursion to the Park in the evening.  We had a fun time.  The boats only operate on the weekends so that was a little disappointing  but she really enjoyed the miniature golf and so did we. :)  plus the carousel and train ride.
 Photobucket

* I also want to add that there were 2 little neighbor boys who had liked to come out and chase her while she was riding her bike. Ha!  And she befriended the neighbor lady who let her come over and pick blueberries.


Lexi said her favorite part of the week was going to the Glass Museum.  "We got to eat pizza there!  And we bought a few things.  We saw some people make a glass bowl and then they broke it at the end of the show.  And we saw a glass breaking show.  And we could see how much stress was in a broken cd case.  And a kid got to break all the types of glass.  I liked that.  I even got to guess how many pots to make pies in were on this big round thing.  I guessed the wrong number.  I made it too high of a guess." 

1 comment:

Malesa said...

I love your blog binge. Sorry your fish died. Truly tragic.