Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Ella Speaks

After opening a container of berries: "Okay, strawberries. You're gonna be eaten!"

While riding the bus we somehow got on the topic of decorating trees.
E: "You can decorate that one!"
Me: "That one is too big. I can't do that one."
E: "Giraffes can do it!"

At our playgroup class we were learning about shapes. We were singing a song and looking around the room to see if we could spot some circles. Ella pulled up her shirt, pointed to her nipples and said, "These are circles!"

While holding up 4 fingers on each hand: "Look! These 4s are matching! Thumbs!"

Ella dirtied her new Easter dress, and since we didn't have any other clothing with us at Grandma's house I washed it out and dried it with a hairdryer only to hear her say, "Thanks, Mom! It's more than I ever hoped for!"

Ella said something to me repeatedly and I was unable to figure out what it was.  After several attempts I said, "I'm sorry I can't understand you, honey."  To which she replied, "I said I want you to understand what I'm saying!! I'm being a panda bear."  (it was the panda part that I couldn't understand- when I tried to clarify that it was panda, she would just yell at me and say the sentence all over again, so I still don't think it was panda.)

7 comments:

Sunshine said...

Oh so funny!!!! So glad we know Ella now!!! so where are you going in August????? If our life was a little better planned out maybe we could come sublet:) Alas, that is not the case.

Abbie said...

"These are circles" I almost died! That will be the funniest memory I have from playgroup!

PS Eli was pretending to call Ella the entire time we were in our hotel room in Ithaca. It was so cute. We need to play!

Sariah said...

Ella is so funny but I have to admit that I literally fell of my chair laughing at the "these are circles"! OH MAN! Love it!

Nikki CB said...

It's so awesome that she is talking so much!! I LOVE the circles one :) I definitely just read that out loud to everyone in the room. SO cute. Ahh! I think it's my turn in phone tag!!

Nikki CB said...

It was so so fun to see you guys last week. Ella IS talking so much!!

Ang said...

How much do I love your kids? Um...a lot!

Heidi said...

Oh Kendie-
So hilarious! You gotta love these little ones. Yes, we were up there in NY for Memorial Day. By the by, we are moving soon and don't know where yet. So, I will keep you posted so we don't miss each other again! Miss you!