I wish I could take really artistic & beautiful photos, but I can't. I wish I was a creative writer, but I'm not. Instead, I take my kids all over the city (& sometimes the country, too!) to experience the wonders of life. And then I slap up some point-and-shoot pictures & tell you plainly about it.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Habits That I Cannot Break
As most of you know my passions can be counted on just a few of the fingers on both hands. Music is still by far the most obsessive of my passions (religion and family don't count as obsessive since obsessive connotes not always good for you and religion and family have always been good for me). One of my favorite musicians is a fellow named Brandon Campbell. You don't know who he is but you might soon. He is the bass player in the band Neon Trees who just released their first major label album, Habits on Tuesday. He is probably one of the most tasteful bass player I have ever heard. Never over plays but always plays something worth hearing.
I consider Brandon one of my really good friends. He is humble as pie and cool as a rock star (which he now appears destined to be). I miss living around the corner from him and his family. We live far apart but he and his family always make time for us when we our in town.
In sum I am declaring today "Neon Trees Day". Check them out and slap down your $10 people. If you have a chance to see them live they ARE GREAT LIVE. The best part is they all have been nothing but gracious to me when we were able to see them live twice here in the city. They even let me be their roadie for ten minutes.
Rock on Brandon. Stay humble old friend and remember, I will be your roadie anytime you need one. Viva los Neon Trees!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Matt, thanks for the heads-up. Do they have a website? I'll try to check them out. My musical tastes don't always align with yours, but you always recommend stuff that I am glad to have heard - even if I don't love it. That was meant as a compliment, and I hope it came across that way. Take it easy.
TJ: I just updated the post to link to their website. They are great!
Totally agree with Matt. Great band. A bit peppier than I usually listen to but they're awesome.
just downloaded the free song from iTunes. I loved it, so it is on the "music to buy" list. P.S. one of my Seattle friends rode to SXSW with them, and I thought of you (since you had already blogged about them).
Post a Comment