Saturday, August 02, 2008

Weekend Upstate

Last weekend we had a wonderful time visiting my family in the Finger Lakes Region of New York. We did all sorts of fun things. You'll find some photos of our trip below. And things I don't have photos of? Our swim across Seneca Lake. Uncle Doug estimates that it's about 1.3 miles wide. Liz & my mother swam the whole way, while Aunt Barbara and I took turns watching Ella in the boat. I probably went about 3/4 of the way, though. And then? I waterskiied! For the first time in about 3 years. I was so tired from the swim, though, that I didn't last as long as I would have liked. Thanks for a most wonderful weekend "in the country."

Alexis helping Pop-Pop in the wood shop:
"It's a wonderful place!"
In this photo they are creating a *forest* with nails,
but their big project was building & painting a birdhouse.
We plan to set it out on our fire escape.

Liz, Alexis & Dad at the fountain at Elmira College:

Ella & Dad walking on the campus of Elmira College:

Frosting & decorating cupcakes with Great-Grandma:

Ella & Dad hanging out in the hammock:

Aunt Barbara and Lexi exploring the backyard:
The baby birds! Born a week or two before we arrived:


Riding on the boat on Seneca Lake:



Ella walks across the backyard. Nothing spectacular, but I realize I haven't posted any video of her walking since she took her first steps. She's quite the mover and shaker now!


Ella was really fascinated by Cassie the cat. She would just follow her around and pet her and want to snuggle with her.

4 comments:

Sheridan said...

Kendra, that birdhouse on your fire escape will come in handy the next time a chicken shows up! I forgot to tell you - everytime I was outside the building that weekend I would look for the bird. Never did see it though. :)

Michal Thompson said...

Just looking at your pictures makes me all relaxed. What a great trip it looks like. So many wonderful family members too!

Rebecca Pierce said...

I love summer. Love pictures of people enjoying summer!!! What fun!

Stefanie said...

Those pictures make me homesick- thanks for sharing a little bit of home :)