On Friday we spent the afternoon & evening down in Battery Park City. We went to the
Skyscraper Museum (which would have been more interesting if we didn't have restless kids in tow- thank goodness we had a free pass to get in!), rode the
Staten Island Ferry, ate ice cream cones at McDonalds ($1.50 down there!), and then we headed over to
Robert Wagner Park to have a pizza picnic with our friends (
The Fugals) and participate in an African Drum Circle. There was a man who taught us how to play the drums (correctly) and taught us some basic rhythms and then we had a good time jammin' with the sun setting over the Hudson River & a beautiful view of Lady Liberty herself. It had been scorching hot in the afternoon, but as the evening wore on the weather was quite pleasant right there next to the water. Thanks, Cori, for organizing a wonderful evening!
Ella on the Ferry:

Ella amid the drums:

Ella & Alexis experimenting with some percussion sounds:

Alexis (looking thrilled) and Mom:
Our fearless leader:

Ella & Dad with the Statue of Liberty behind:

Alexis

Dad & Lexi "playing" a giant mandolin:

7 comments:
sounds like a busy day!
i am still sad we won't get to see you in CA, but i am happy yo know you will see us in D.C., right?
good.
looks like you had a great day! that drumming thing looked really cool.
cute shirt, btw!
That was part of the River to River festival, right? I think I saw the drums on their calendar and it sounded really interesting. Looks like you had a great time!
You guys have so much fun! So I see on your comment that you're heading down to DC? I don't know your method of travel but we'd love to have you stop by here!!!!!
Jenni: I thought we would still get to see you in Cali! Are you leaving before the 5th?
May: Yes, the RTR festival is awesome. When I actually get out and participate!
Amber: We don't have any set plans for DC yet. Jenni (above) is moving there and we won't be going to visit her until her house is done. But that doesn't mean I can't try and make it to NJ before then! Especially since I'll be missing your little NYC trip next month. It's been too long since we've laughed together!
i thought you weren't coming until the 15th!
we will be here, but in a hotel, so we won't be able to have you over for dinner or anything, but i would love to hang out at a location of your choice. we will be going stir crazy if we stay in our hotel all day everyday.
email me for my number, and we can talk when you get here. i am all up for a trip to the beach, or the zoo or whatever...
yeah!
What a fun day! The girls are so cute and getting big.
Post a Comment