Wednesday, July 02, 2008

First Steps

On Sunday, while my mother was here, Ella decided to really test her walking skills. She's been taking a few steps here and there over the past couple of weeks, but no more than about 2 or 3 at a time before she wobbles and collapses. But on Sunday, she really had some good series of steps- 10 to 12 or maybe even more. She seemed to be back to crawling for much of Monday (maybe it was the calming presence of Grandma that urged her on?) But now, 3 days later, it seems that she is spending more time on her feet than her knees. Every day she gets a little stronger, a little better.... and a little faster! I am happy, though, that she is finally developing this skill- the ground at the park has been very hot for her little hands to crawl on and she has been easily frustrated that she can't move as much as she could during the *cooler* weather. We bought some Teva sandals years ago when we were expecting Alexis, but she never fit into them during the summer time. I was hoping so much that Ella's little feet could wear the cute little sandals, and yesterday they took their maiden voyage through the sprinklers at the Hippo Playground. Photos from that excursion are on my friend's camera, so I'll get them up here in a few days.


5 comments:

The Wilsons said...

Way to go, Ella!

irishkaren said...

HOORAY! I love the milestone of walking, makes life a little easier for everyone and playing at the park way more pleasant.

Anonymous said...

Good for Ella! She looked delighted at her own accomplishment. I sit here smiling every time I look at the clip. :)

Krazy Khania said...

Yea! What a big girl!! I love the looks on babies faces when they start to walk.

Rebecca Pierce said...

So cute. I'm so ready to start over again and experience all these firsts! How fun for your mom to be there as a witness!