Thursday, April 24, 2008

XANADU

Have you seen this movie starring Olivia Newton-John? Me either. In fact, I didn't even know it existed. (Of course, I was only 3 when it came out). It's the film that brought us such soft rock hits as Suddenly and Magic. And from what I've heard, it was a total bomb. Cult classic, but a pretty lame flick. So why, oh why would they produce a Broadway musical based on the movie? To tease the movie & bring all sorts of fun and laughter to the stage. I went tonight with my friends Sheridan & Lindsay. We got the tickets from another friend whose roommate works for the producer. We sat in the second row for some good old Broadway-musical-singing-roller-skating-Greek-muses entertainment. Since I'm not really a big theater critic, here's what the New York Times had to say.

I met Sheridan for dinner first, at VYNL, which made it all a very nice girls' night out. This has been an enjoyable spring break!

3 comments:

Tamara said...

Did you enjoy it?

Kaylinn said...

Q is for Quarters. See how many quarters you can get with the different states represented! Dig through your change.

Q is for Quest. have a scavengar hunt through the library to find books with the letter Q or that have Q's in them.

Q is for Question. i don't know what you'd do with this one!

Kaylinn said...

Q is for Quad. Maybe this one is too hard for preschoolers but think of as many things as you can that have fours. Take a walk and get creative. (cars, dogs, squares on the sidewalk,

wow..I'm on a roll!