
(Photo from flickr- this is the flag that hangs on the New Jersey side of the George Washington Bridge on special days)
First of all, a very special THANK YOU to the men and women who have fought and are fighting for our freedom, country, families & beliefs. An extra special thanks to Great-Grandpa Elliott, Uncle Bruce and Grandpa Cope!! I know, there are some Portlocks in the Armed Forces as well, and we thank you, too!
Since Matt had the day off, this year we went up to Fort Tryon Park and sat on the Cloisters Lawn to enjoy a picnic and games with friends from our ward. Ella loved crawling around on the grass and trespassing on everyone's blankets and stealing their food. She had her first taste of watermelon and seemed to like it (after dumping all the juice out on the blanket- sorry 'bout that Celeste!) And in this photo she's getting into some Izze soda. I mistakenly gave her a first taste of it the day before and she loved it!

Lexi played with a few of the other little girls in the ward. Here are some sneaky shots of "Duck, Duck, Goose!"


Dad spent some time playing a viking lawn game called Kubb featured on the Amazing Race a few seasons back.

And he had a little quality time with Erik, the bishop with whom Matt *counsels*.
3 comments:
boy has your wee family been busy of the past few weeks, looks like alot of fun!
looks like a fun day. I love all the pictures of your family. Does your mome live close?
First of all Kendra, can I just say, I LOVE the shout out to the Amazing Race! Such a fan! Good job. And we love Memorial Day! Always fun to have a day off work! Yeah
Post a Comment