Friday, April 11, 2008

M is for Many Thanks for the Mail



In an unfortunate turn of events, my mailbox key broke off in the mailbox lock on Monday morning. It took the super several days to get around to fixing it (surprise surprise), so when we were actually able to check the mail, Lexi hit the Mother Lode! She got 6 letters on Thursday and 4 on Friday. And we still have a letter or two trickling in. Brennan sent a puzzle (that Lexi still puts together several times a day), Great Grandma sent a Magnet and Money! Lisa sent a card with a Monet painting. And Liz underlined & highlighted every M in the letter! Pop-pop sent a bunch of fun postcards. Lexi even got a party invitation. Wow! Thanks so much, folks! You really came through. And Lexi was so happy- she still asks every day if she got any mail.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It appears that "M" week was quite a success. :)

Karyn said...

How fun that she got so much mail! Glad she liked her puzzle. She must've been so excited. Thanks for the update.

Kaylinn said...

My "M Week" mail will probably show up during "Z week" but I'm still in the market for the postcard. :) Chino doesn't have a good selection...or a selection at all! :)

Rebecca Pierce said...

Girl, I just updated myself on your blog and I have to say you are a great mommy! I had Ruby write her a note, and never got it in the mail. We haven't forgotten, she likes the idea of a pen pal, so maybe we'll get it mailed here in a bit. I'm leaving town for a wedding tomorrow...YAY!

Anyway, love all the "M" ideas and I think I'll use your letter of the week idea during my homeschooling, it's a great idea!