So today I had to go downtown to the Office of the District Attorney. The ADA assigned to my case spent some time with me reviewing my statement and briefing me about what would happen when we were in with the grand jury and how to tell my story (stick to the facts and don't talk about your emotions). I was nervous. This is a secret proceeding, meaning it is just me & the ADA and the jury & the stenographer. No defendant or defense attorney. But I was still sick about it. I mean, I want them to believe me, not her! What if her story is completely different than mine? I know I'm not a liar. And I don't have really any visibly physical injuries. Will they still sympathize with me? I'M THE VICTIM.
The entire *testimony* took about 6 or 7 minutes. They deliberated and decided to indict the girl. Hooray!
4 comments:
I'm sooo proud of you, Kendra! Luv you lots!
xooxox Natasha
You're a strong woman. I'm glad that she is going to jail and will not be on the streets to hurt someone else.
Ahhh, good. Good job!!!
Justice! I'm so glad for you! That takes lots of guts.
Post a Comment