Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Vacation Part 2: DISNEYLAND


So, if you know me, you know I love love love DisneyLand. So much. I mean, I cry the minute we pull into the parking lot because I am so happy to be there. Yes, literally. I shed tears of joy. It's really kind of pathetic. But Disney is one of those things on my list of what makes life worth living. (Too bad it's so darn expensive!) So, since Matt's family is so conveniently located a short half hour (if the traffic's good) from DisneyLand, we are usually able to spend a day there each year. This year's trip was, obviously, a good time. How could it be good when you have a nursing baby to attend to, you ask? In true Disney fashion, they provide a Baby Care center with areas to change your baby on posh changing tables, and a private nursing area, as well as a feeding area for babies in high chairs etc. Fabulous! I took a break with Ella every few hours to go relax in the air conditioning and stress-lessly feed her. After being happily swaddled and settled down for a nap in her stroller, we would go back and meet up with the group. We went with our friends, the Smiths. Matt & Jason Smith have been friends for ages, so it just came naturally that Tiffany & I became friends, and our kids have hit it off as well! And since they are Disney Annual Pass Holders, they usually join us on our Disney Adventure. We also had the fun companionship of a New York friend, Sheridan, who just happened to be vacationing in Southern California the weekend we decided to go to Disney. In addition to being good company, she was a great photographer and documented many things that I wasn't able to catch.

This year there was a lot of Princess anticipation. Lexi has been obsessed (and I don't use that term lightly) with her little collection of Princess figurines- Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty and Belle (from Beauty and the Beast). So we actually got to meet 2 of those 3, and also Snow White. Thrilling! We met Cinderella twice, and the first time was another one of those events that sends me to tears! She was SO KIND to Lexi! She listened intently while Lexi went on and on about her Cinderella doll and movie and dancing with the prince etc. etc. She held Lexi's hands and gave her 2 hugs. It was so sweet. We then waltzed over to see Woody (from Toy Story) and were honored to be pulled out of line by Cinderella herself, who recognized Lexi from a few minutes before, and took her up to introduce her to Woody!

Lexi will tell you that she didn't want to ride the Pirates ride or Splash Mountain because they were too scary and she didn't want to get wet. We tried and tried to convince her, but in the end didn't want to push her too much. Disney is supposed to be the happiest place on earth, and I certainly did not want any sorts of BAD tears that day!! The Smiths left a little sooner than we did- we didn't make it home until almost midnight! But we sure had a great time!

1 comment:

Rebecca Pierce said...

I love your Disney tales. I especially love you for crying with joy several times. What a great mom! We are going the beginning of October. Any tips? I CAN'T WAIT!