Here are some photos from Easter Sunday. Grandma Susan found these lovely dresses for the girls and I tried to coordinate Caleb. After church we took the train to Grandma's, so these pictures are in her neighborhood. We loved the blooming trees.
We did an egg hunt in Grandma's living room- Uncle Chris hid all the eggs- and some were well hidden! even Caleb got in on the fun.
Everything goes in his mouth, of course....
And that's the end of the photos. Ella hurt her neck while hunting for the egg and it was so sudden that I kind of freaked out. We ended up in the ER after calling the pediatrician because I have some meningitis anxiety (I've known a couple of cases) and because her temperature was increasing a little and she had intense neck pain and was acting lethargic I wanted to be sure she was okay. Turns out there was a meningitis case in White Plains just 2 days before. In the end, she just had a strained neck muscle and a little bit of a sore throat (they suspected strep, but tests were negative). None of the doctors made me feel like I had overreacted. In fact, they all said better to be safe than sorry and even though it was Easter Sunday, we got wonderful & swift treatment. The ER doc spent some time going through more detailed symptoms of meningitis, which I appreciated. At least we had already eaten the delicious dinner that my mother had prepared. It was a sad way to spend Easter, but Ella was really not herself at all and it had me worried- because even when she gets hurt at the park or something, she tends to walk it off and get right back to playing. Not this time- all she wanted to do was curl up in a ball and sleep. So weird. Anyway, she's fine now, thank goodness.
No comments:
Post a Comment