Sunday, December 12, 2010

Santa Cruise

This year the Circle Line was having a special cruise with Santa. 2 hours on a boat that travels around the lower tip of Manhattan, giving you amazing views of the city, the Statue of Liberty and many bridges from the Hudson & East rivers. Admission was minimal plus a donation to Toys4Tots. We met some Marines, ate cookies and milk, got to sit on Santa's lap, and enjoyed the cruise. The boat had a lot of indoor space, and we chose to sit on the upper level where we could go outside occassionally.  The weather was actually really great- in the upper 40s and clear- so it was a really enjoyable afternoon.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

We finished the afternoon walking around Manhattan a bit.  We saw this sign, which I love:

Photobucket

And during our walk we passed the Chelsea Garden Center where you could buy this tree:

Photobucket

for the one-time low price of $200!

Photobucket

We walked through Times Square and then headed up to one of our favorite pizza places, Mariella's, which has been featured on Oprah.  I have to say (and I think I've said this before) that we knew about it before she and Gayle did.  And we agree that it is some delicious pizza!

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Wonderful pictures! What a fun day!

The Wilsons said...

Fun, fun, fun! Wow...what a...uh...deal?!? on that tree...ahem... (I'd NEVER survive out there!)

Abbie said...

That sign in Manhattan Storage is hilarious!