I don't have many pictures from Halloween this year, sadly. We started the week by attending a party in SoHo hosted by MommyPoppins and held at the Blurb pop-up store. It was wonderful! They had professional photographers Stomping Ground Photography, cake pops, yummy food, a soap craft hosted by MADE, and storytime hosted by Scholastic (we missed that, sadly). We only took a couple of photos outside the store, and I don't particularly care for the angle. Alexis was Princess Leia and Ella was Cinderella. Alexis got lots of comments walking down the street and on the subway. I think she was a little self-conscious about it. She kept saying, "Why are they talking to me? Why did they say that?" when people called out to Princess Leia. Here are the photos from
Stomping Ground Photography. They did an awesome job! (FYI, they do school pictures, mostly. Wouldn't it be amazing to have these as your kids' class photographers?!)
our family outside the Blurb store.
working on their soaps:
Last week, I was called to the activities committee in our ward and had about 2 weeks to plan a Halloween party. It turned out pretty well, I think, and the other 2 ladies on the committee were so supportive and wonderful and did so much work, too. (That's right, only 3 of us to pull off an activity with 2 weeks of planning). The kids had a great time, which is the most important thing, and they all got to trick-or-treat around the church. We had carnival games, and food and music and a costume parade and lots of fun. Good times! Ella chose to go as the Little Mermaid (aka Ariel) for this party.... but again, I'm not sure I have any photos. I was too busy running around trying to get things done.
Oh! And we carved some pumpkins, too. The girls drew the faces on and the parents carved.
Happy Halloween!
2 comments:
Your kids are so cute. We love the pictures of them!
There's a Blurb store? What do they sell?
I bet you are glad they did away with the activities committee!!
Post a Comment