Cutting the cake then:
I wish I could take really artistic & beautiful photos, but I can't. I wish I was a creative writer, but I'm not. Instead, I take my kids all over the city (& sometimes the country, too!) to experience the wonders of life. And then I slap up some point-and-shoot pictures & tell you plainly about it.
Thursday, September 24, 2009
A Diamond Jubilee
The tradition of celebrating a 60th anniversary came into popularity after Queen Victoria celebrated her Diamond Jubilee. One of the reasons we all came together in the Outer Banks this year was to celebrate my grandparents 60th wedding anniversary. Aunt B & Liz made a wonderful cake complete with a bride&groom on top. Then I insisted on hearing the tale of how they met, which led to the sharing of many more life experiences- some which I knew of, and some that were new to me. I could have listened to them for hours. Gram also brought some of her wedding photos along to show us. Aren't they a handsome couple? And a gorgeous bride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






2 comments:
What wonderful family photos. That is wonderful!
i love vintage photos..they are so great!
so when are we going to get some pics of your new place? i want to see the fruits of all your labor, the painting and stuff.
and what was that about "purging" today? i hope you didn't binge first, that you were cleaning, right?
right??
Post a Comment