Monday, March 02, 2009

First Snow Day

Snow Day

Ella at the park

Snow Day!
The NYC Department of Education finally decided to have a snow day. The first one in 5 years (at least!) This morning, Matt was in the shower and I was getting breakfast ready for the girls. I turned on NPR to listen to the news whilst I worked and then all of the sudden they announce that NYC public schools are closed today. It was a brief announcement and so at first I thought I had heard wrong. I ran into the bathroom to tell Matt the news, and he too was immediately skeptical. We called 311, which confirmed the rumor. Then loaded up the computer and logged on to the DOE website to see the same announcement. We were SHOCKED. It snowed all morning and then we took the girls to the playground later in the afternoon. The city actually hosts sledding & hot chocolate in many of the city parks on a snow day (providing sleds & hot drinks for free), but we weren't too ambitious to make it out to the event. Just enjoyed a lazy day at home watching the snow fall. I'm sure we won't have another school day like this for 5 more years.

1 comment:

Sariah said...

HOW FUN! I'm sure the girls loved it! I too love a lazy at home day!