
Last Sunday we had the Ward Primary Program. Lexi is a Sunbeam this year, so she had one line to say in the microphone (I can't see Jesus but I know He is there because the Spirit helps me to feel good and happy). She basically refused to practice her line at home. One evening we were attempting to get her to practice and I prompted her by saying, "I can't see Jesus....." to which she replied, "Yes I can! He's right there!" and pointed to a picture we have hanging over her desk in the computer room.
The primary had several practices and for the most part she was familiar with her line. The next hurdle was getting her to say the words in the microphone. What little kid doesn't love to hear their voice magnified a bazillion times?! Not Lexi. At least, not in front of a couple hundred people. I desperately wanted to hear her sweet little voice during the program and was considering some sort of bribe... Grandma Susan to the rescue! She told Lexi that if she would say her words in the microphone, she would get a little present from Grandma- a Belle doll, to replace the ones she lost on an outing in the city... The best part of the story is that just before the meeting started, Lexi was seated near a live microphone and proceeded to tell the little girl next to her that Grandma had a present for her if she said her words in the microphone. Don't know how many people actually heard that, but it had us laughing pretty hard!
This little flower was one of the many that each child made to display in the hallway---
2 comments:
Ha Ha! I love that she spotted Jesus on the wall and totally circumvented your sneaky plan. Kids are sneakier than we are!
That is so sweet. I love primary programs!
Post a Comment