



Lexi has been excited for weeks to carve her pumpkin. She picked it out all by herself when we were at the apple orchard. Tonight we finally did it. She designed the pumpkin face all by herself, drawing a little sketch on paper for Daddy to follow. Then she helped Daddy do the work- including drilling the holes for the nose and eyes- and signed her work. We are definitely not expert pumpkin carvers, but it was fun! Too bad I kind of burned the pumpkin seeds.
4 comments:
We just carved ours tonight--I'll have to get the pics up soon. I love Lexi's design!! How fun. Kaylin drew a couple of faces but ended up picking one from a collection online that I found. She was determined to have a "scary" one this year! :)
Oh--I also love using the drill!!! Here we were, with just kitchen knives... Next year, we're breakin' out the power tools!!!
Got the power tool tip from Martha Stewart a couple of years ago. We've never done it before, but there's something so empowering about using power tools, you know??? :)
Love the pumpkin, it looks like Casper the Friendly Ghost. How appropriate!
Awesome. One of the best parts about Halloween is carving the pumpkin. Thomas actually really got into the gut-removing part. He was singing and digging his hands in there. Loads of fun.
And I am definitely going to have to try the powertool thing in the future.
Post a Comment